Friday, September 4, 2015

Ritual to honor Hera Telkhinia

Hello everyone, as of this first post I would like to talk about a ritual my husband and I did to honor Hera Telkhinia, Hera the Bringer of Rains as she was worshipped in Rhodes. The group Elaion runs what they call 'Practicing Apart, Together' rituals, and tomorrow one is scheduled to honor the Queen of all Gods. Unfortunately, my husband Rune was not going to be home tomorrow during the scheduled time, and I really wanted to honor the Queen of Marriage with my husband. He was also interested in participating in a Hellenic ritual, even though his path is nowhere near Hellas and their Theoi. To make things a bit simpler, I did the ritual today with Rune. 

The ritual went quite well. I split up the parts so that one person wasn't reading the entire thing and it was really nice to share some sacred time with my husband. Standing before our working altar, lighting incense and candles, making wine offerings and jointly reciting hymns.... it was a wonderful way to start the day. 

I look forward to the day that we are officially joined together in ritual before Hera Gamelia, the Goddess of Marriage. We are vaguely planning a ritual for our first mundane wedding anniversary, and having the chance to have the Queen bless our union would be wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment